Faith and Advocacy Network
The Faith and Advocacy Network is dedicated to carry out the Baptismal Covenant call to "strive for justice and peace" through the active ministry of public policy advocacy.
It is designed to make St. Luke's a safe place to have political dialogue, and to be come engaged in civic life, regardless of political persuasion.
Among the council's goals:
- Develop scripturally based policy statements and clarified talking points to share with the parish
- Provide ideas and issues for potential Adult Education offerings and strategic events
- Leverage our resources (facilities, volunteers, etc.) to serve as a venue for education, conversation and action
- Partner with other organizations that have the same or similar advocacy goals
- Work with peer groups on the local, state and national levels
- Communicate in a timely manner to positively affect change
Join the Faith and Advocacy Network as we prayerfully remember the victims of gun violence and show our support for The Background Check Expansion Act S. 42, which would ensure that firearms don't end up in the hands of individuals who are not legally allowed to purchase them.
The uptick in mass shootings has catalyzed the public safety conversation around gun possession, but access to firearms plays a critical role in preventing suicide and domestic violence as well.
Wednesday, August 14 at 11:30 a.m. at Liberty Plaza, across from the Capitol.